Coach Sunghee (aka HeeHee)
CrossFit changed my life! Not only physically but emotionally and mentally. It helped me be like a kid again.
When I was 29 years old hiking Lynn Canyon with Corey (my dear husband now) I was panting and gasping while climbing the stairs. He thought I had an illness back then but look at me now 18 years later! I’m fitter, look and feel younger and I have no more back pain! I didn’t know It was possible to live without pain and I tried all the methods I could find, spent lots of money and then I found CrossFit. I also have more energy! No more afternoon naps! I used to nap after playing with my son when he was little. After I began Crossfitting my energy levels increased and naps were no longer necessary. This extra energy allowed me to do thing outside of the box (CrossFit Gym) such as boxing, dodge ball, and travelling around the world.
No more mood swings! The intensity of the workouts helped stabilize my mood and it’s great to know that when I do my workout in the morning, the rest of the day will be easy compared to that! CrossFit challenges me. Every achievement builds my confidence and I apply those challenges and successes to my daily life
I’m stronger mentally as well. The workout can be challenging and sometimes I think “Can I finish this workout?” With the support of my coach and the rest of the community working out with me, I’m able to complete things I didn’t think I could and probably never would have on my own. Because of what I do at Crossfit I’m fulfilling many of my life dreams and trying new things that I always wanted to do! Able-Body, Able-Mind! You only live once! I’d love to share my experience with you.
My Certifications and Training
- Crossfit Level 1 Coach, CrossFit Vancouver, Vancouver, BC 2010
- CrossFit Level 2 Trainer’s Certification, CrossFit Belltown, Seattle, August 2014
- CrossFit Gymnastics Certification, Langley, BC, 2013
- Gymnastics, CrossFit Empower, Jen Dober 2014, 2018
- Power Lifting, CrossFit Empower, Joel Klassen 2014
- Sprinting, CrossFit Empower, Michaela Colluney 2014
- Olympic Lifting, CrossFit Empower, Christine Girard 2015, 2016, 2017
- Rowing, CrossFit Empower, William Dean 2018
- CrossFit Judges’ Course, 2014/2016/2017/2018
- 1st Place BC 2017 CrossFit Team Series Masters 45-49
- Certified 500 Hour Hatha Yoga teacher Vancouver, BC 2008
- Certified Laughter Yoga Leader Vancouver, BC 2008
- Certified Kids Yoga Teacher Vancouver, BC 2009
- Certified Prenatal Yoga Teacher Vancouver, BC 2009
- Occupational First Aid 2018