Coach Leon (aka The Touch)
I like Crossfit, you like Crossfit – arggh!
Why do I Crossfit?
I found as a young father working night shifts I did not have the energy level I needed to keep up with my daughter when I was home with her during the day. So we spent a lot of time watching Treehouse. I realized that as she gets older I don’t want her to see her dad as a couch potato and I really want to be the cool dad that is able to play sports with her and that takes her to the park, on hikes and to gymnastics. Also at that time I was looking at pursuing a career in law enforcement. But I kept putting off this goal because my fitness was not at the level it would need to be at for my daily duties as a police officer. Crossfit keeps me motivated to come in everyday. I love that every day is a new set of challenges, in the Crossfit gym, just like in life. I could never get the same push or drive from a regular gym.
Why do I coach Crossfit?
Because I want to be able to give other people what my coaches have given me. I really enjoy being there as one of my clients or training partners is able to perform a task that they originally believed impossible.
My Certificaitons and Training
- Crossfit Level One Trainer Certification Vancouver, BC 2012.
- CrossFit Level Two Trainer Certification Vancouver, BC 2017
- CrossFit Gymnastics Certification Langley, BC 2013
- CrossFit Olympic Lifting Vancouver, BC 2014
- Olympic Lifting, CrossFit Empower, Christine Girard 2015, 2016, 2017
- Gymnastics, CrossFit Empower, Jen Dober 2014, 2015, 2016
- Power Lifting, CrossFit Empower, Joel Klassen 2014
- Sprinting, CrossFit Empower, Michaela Colluney 2014
- CrossFit Judges Course 2013/2014/2015/2016/2017
- Assistant Instructor at Delta Kaigan Judo since 2007
- BC’s second certified Personal Defense Readiness Coach with Blauer Tactical Systems 2008
- Basic Security Training 2011
- Advanced Security Training 2011
- Occupational First Aid Level 3
- Occupational First Aid Level 1 and Transport Endorsement Instructor’s course 2011